Friday, March 1, 2013

Summer Ball update and a new pet of sorts....

As you know, Tusk still has a hurt leg.  The vet finally decided that he didn't develop the scar tissue they had hoped so he will be having surgery on March 14th.  Please remember my furbaby in your prayers.  Now, since he has been hurt, we have to out the front door to potty.   We found we have a new member to our home.  The beautiful red bird has made her nest in the inside archway of our door.  She just sits there watching us as we come out and then go back in...


This weeks rotation was Summer Ball by Sandy Littlejohns and Deborah Lester.  This has been a UFO and last year I wanted to finish it when I was finishing all my other UFO"s...but I just got tired of it.  So it now back in the rotation.  


This is page 5 that has given me fits!!!!  I have made several mistakes on this page and have had to do some frogging along with creative stitching.  I Love how it is turning out.  It is 77.8% finished!


Next up should be my Sistine chapel but is the Mystic Stitch SAL weekend, and I am working on my Victorian Winter design!  I can't wait!



9 comments:

Berly said...

Summer Ball is so close to being done! Good luck with it!

Shari said...

wow,that is getting so close..looks great.
will remember Tusk in my prayers...poor guy...
love the cardinal above the door!!

OctoberLace said...

Lovely work, Vickie!

Faith... said...

It looks great Vickie!

Poor Tusk - hope the surgery goes smoothly and he heals quickly.

Linda said...

Summer Ball is such a beautiful design. Your doing a fantastic job and almost done.

Linda

Crafts4others said...

love the summer ball design and I bet you will be glad to be finished soon.

Keebles said...

I feel your pain with Summer Ball...I love the way it looks but absolutely HATE working on it!

Good luck on puppy surgery and we're all thinking about ya'll!

SoCal Debbie said...

Summer Ball is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Summer Ball looks great!!! I have enjoyed watching you stitch this piece.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)