Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reading Challenges

I finished another book!!!! I finished Confessions of a Jane Austen addict. It was about a girl who turned to Jane Austen whenever life got bad. After a VERY bad breakup she fell asleep reading Pride and Prejudice and when she woke up, she was in the Mansfield park storyline. She learned that life in England during that time didn't smell so great. It seems people didn't thinking bathing was necessary.
I have started walking after school and I was able to find a copy of Northangler Abbey from the Fayetteville Public Library. I downloaded the book and then transferred it to my I-Pod. I am listening to it while I walk. I have to say this is the best way to get read a book. I am enjoying listening to the book for 30 minutes a day.

Everything Austen Challenge:
1) Read Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Completed!!!!
2) Stitch "The Daughters of Longbourn" by the Stitching Parlor - finished page 1 of 4
3) Re-Read Pride and Prejudice Completed!!!!
4) Watch the movie Lost in Austen - COMPLETED!!!!!
5) Read: Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange - COMPLETED!!!!
6) Read: Northanger Abbey - Listening to on my I-Pod!!

10 book Challenge:
1) NorthAnger Abbey by Jane Austen -Listening to it right now
2) Mr. Darcy's Diaries by Amanda Grange- COMPLETED!!!
3) Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - COMPLETED!!
4) Peppermint twisted by Sammi Carter - COMPLETED!!!!
5) Just take my Heart by Mary Higgins Clark -COMPLETED
6) Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer
7) What would Jane Austen do? by Laurie Brown- COMPLETED!!!
8) Unsolicited by Julie Kaewert
9) Duchess by Night by Eloisa James -COMPLETED!!
10) Murder at Astor Place by Victoira Thompson -COMPLETED!!

I am getting very close to completing both challenges!! This is very exciting!!!

3 comments:

Shari said...

congrats on both challenges & also on walking 30 min per day!!! I read while on the treadmill & it is a great way to 'pass the time'. Great exercise & reading at the same time!!!

Deb said...

Congrats on the challenge. I think that I'm only on book five, and of course, I have probably only read one or two from my list. My mind constantly changes. Guess I better get some more reading in!

Lana said...

Wow! You are doing great on those reading challenges!!