Wow...I haven't posted in a while. Since the last post I have had several things happen. We had parent teacher conferences and I actually had 10 parents show up over the two nights. I have to say this is the first time that this has ever happened. I couldn't believe it. It actually shocked me. The only thing I do not like about PT conferences is that I have to work two 12 hours days in a row.
I donated blood at the school blood drive and the nurse who was sticking me missed my vein. She had to wiggle the needle around until she found a good flow of blood. About 2 hours after donating I took that arm bandage off because it was driving me nuts. I do this evertime I donate blood....the next thing I knew... I passed out in my classroom. It is good to know that my kids will call the nurse when I am passed out cold. Luckily I was sitting in my chair when it happened. I was wheeled out of my room by the HOT school resource officier. The teacher next door told me that one of my seniors was teaching the class. He was keeping all my kids on task and working while I was being wheeled out. She heard him tell them that if they didn't do their homework and keep working then Mrs. Hartwell will yell at us the next time they were in class.... TOO FUNNY!!!
I went to a bridal fair with my friend Jammi. She is getting married next year around Thanksgiving. We had fun looking at all the dresses, photographers, and the best part..tasting all the food!!! The cakes were so good. I came home that afternoon and was feeling a little wonky...so I took a nap. The next thing I knew it was 7:00 pm. I felt funny....so I told Mark that I was headed to the High school to make out some lesson plans. The bad thing about being a teacher is that if I am sick, I just can't take off. I have to make out lesson plans, seating charts, print out attendace records. It is really a pain to do this so I don't try to miss. There is so much stuff to deal with when I get back also such as passing out 6 detentions over behavior. UGH!! I was home sick for 2 days and finally went back to school on Wednesday of this week.
Everything Austen Challenge:
1) Read Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - on my night stand
2) Stitch "The Daughters of Longbourn" by the Stitching Parlor - finished page 1 of 4
3) Re-Read Pride and Prejudice Completed!!!!
4) Watch the movie Lost in Austen - COMPLETED!!!!!
5) Read: Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange - COMPLETED!!!!
6) Read: Northanger Abbey - on my bookshelf
10 book Challenge:
1) NorthAnger Abbey by Jane Austen
2) Mr. Darcy's Diaries by Amanda Grange- COMPLETED!!!
3) Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict
4) Peppermint twisted by Sammi Carter - COMPLETED!!!!
5) Just take my Heart by Mary Higgins Clark -COMPLETED
6) Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer
7) What would Jane Austen do? by Laurie Brown- COMPLETED!!!
8) Unsolicited by Julie Kaewert
9) Duchess by Night by Eloisa James -COMPLETED!!
10) Murder at Astor Place by Victoira Thompson -COMPLETED!!
On the Stitching note....I have been working on Cherokee Child and The Stitching Parlor - Daughters of Longborn.
I think this is enough of an update for a bit.....will post stitching pictures later