Sunday, November 4, 2012

Summer Ball page Finish and new Stash!!!

Wow!!  When my stitching Mo Jo came back, it came back with a vengeance!!!  I decided to drive up to Ceilica's Samplers in Branson to join my friends who were at the retreat.  I went into the store not intending to buy anything because I really haven't been in the mood to stitch....Wow...did things change!!!!!  My purchases are below....

When I got home I pulled out my Summer Ball and sat down to stitch!!! I was able to finish page 4 of Summer Ball!!!  It is looking great!  I pulled out the last two page and they are not as detailed as the last page.  Which makes me very happy!!!!

So I spent quite a bit of money in the store!  I bought this pattern at the retreat this summer....isn't that bear so cute!!!!  This is Lavender and Lace -Santa in the Forest.


I didn't like the fabric so I found Silkweavers Midas Tough.  I chose 32 count opalescent.  


I had to make a change thought...as you can see in the picture the staff is about the same color as the fabric.  So I am going to use Gold Mill Hill beads instead of fibers and will out line it with this Gold Rush color below...I think it will make it just pop!!!


My next Disney project is Puppy Love....this is just so cute!!!!
The kit comes with 14 count white aida but that is boring.  I wanted to something that looked like a sunset with sparkles.  I decided on Twilight from Silkweaver...it has lots of Sparkles!!!!  I think this will make the perfect background fabric.


I found this chart...and it just screamed my name!!!


This was in the half-price bin...isn't it cute????


Here is another one in the sale bin...love it too!!!!!


So....what do you think of my purchases??? Any thoughts on my fabric choices for the Santa or Disney piece???  







20 comments:

Sugar 'n' Grace said...

Oh, the Summer's Ball has been on my wish list for a while now ~ so pretty. I love the fabrics you chose for the Santa and Mickey Mouse pieces. They will look great. :0)

cucki said...

awww lovely stitching and great progress..
cute and great stash xxx

SoCal Debbie said...

It sounds like you had a great time shopping for stash! Summer Ball looks wonderful, so close to a finish!

Great fabric choice for Santa. The Halloween charts are adorable!

stitchersanon said...

So glad you had fun..amazing buys. Lets home that mojo stays va va voomed!

Cindy said...

Summer Ball looks great.
I have Santa of the Forest almost finished. I like the fabric you chose for it.

Unknown said...

Great Stash, and Summer Ball looks amazing!!!! XX

Berly said...

I love every one of your purchases! Any that you would like to pass on after you're finished, I will be more than happy to take off your hands! I think you're right, that staff will look awesome with the beads.

Anonymous said...

Great stash shopping!!! So glad your stitching Mojo is back. Summer Ball is looking gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. I like the choices of fabric you made for your next projects. Looking forward to watching them being stitched up.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Birdie said...

Beautiful stitching and fab stash.

Faith... said...

The progress on Summer Ball looks fantastic!

I love all tour new purchases and both of your fabric choices. The Halloween charts are cute too and when they are on sale it is to hard to pass them by!

Christina G said...

I think your choice of fabrics will be a huge improvement on the patterns. You certainly did get your mojo back and then some!

Meari said...

Some cool charts you picked up. I really like the Village Tree one. Good fabric choices, too.

Congrats on your mojo returning!

Laura said...

Love the new things you bought and Summer Ball is just fantastic.

Linda said...

Summer Ball looks great. Looks like your almost done. Who is the designer. Is it still available. Love all your new charts. I think I have the Disney one. Love the fabric your chose.

Linda

Vicky L said...

You are doing great on Summer Ball. I love your new stash and great fabric choices.

Barb said...

Oh Vickie that is sooo Jane love the summer ball.
What great changes you have made re fabric. Love the Santa and oh fabulous idea about his staff, look forward to seeing that one develop. Looks as if you got some great purchases ,wish I had a needlework shop near (or perhaps not lol).
Keeeeep STITCHING!

Heather said...

Summer Ball is looking great!

Jo said...

Summer Ball is just fantastic Vickie, congratulations. Love The Village Tree as well x

Anonymous said...

Have you now finished the summer ball? I have been battling with this project for a while and it has been increasingly difficult particularly since I have had problems with my eyesight - Just wondered if you could help with a couple of questions as your stitching looks fab Thanks

Vickie said...

I haven't finished Summer Ball as of yet. I will start back on it soon. I would be happy to answer any question that I can.