Sunday, August 13, 2017

Major HAED Milestone!!!! Starts 219-225

Take a good look at this part of my HAED - Faery Tales ...Why you might ask???   It was at this section of my project that I passe the 200,000 stitch mark!!!!  Yes...that is right.  There are a little over 200,000 stitches in this project completed!!!  Not to mention that the Gingerbread house is 3/4 finished!

This week was all those dreaded back to school meetings.  I have sat through more staff development this week that my brain turned to mush!  My room is not ready, and school starts tomorrow.  I don't care.  I refused to go in and work this weekend!  It will be there next week.  The kids will survive if I don't have my math rules hung up on the wall.  I will hang them sometime this week.

My ducklings are always losing my hall pass so this year I decided to get crafty. I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased these:

with a little spray paint and sealant...I now have these beauties.  Stickers aren't straight but that is ok.... they don't fit in their back pockets or backpacks!!!!  The color doesn't show but they are Gold since our school colors are black and Gold

Start 218:   Lizzie Kate Dog Lessons - I was so tired I just got the spots on the dog stitched.


The next three starts are from a magazine and I am stitching them on ivory aida -

Start 220: JR Tolkin Quote - " Not all those who wonder are lost"


Start 221: Shakespeare Quote "Though she is little she is fierce"

Start 222:  Jane Austen  "You Bewitched me, Body and Soul  - I was exhausted..so not even a full B


Start 223: Rainbow Row -  this has been in my stash for years. I started in the middle, A tree.

For this start - I had to get  stock photo because Brigen ate mine!!  

Start 224: Mistletoe Kiss - Art of Disney
 Of course it called for white fabric but I am using a raspberry sherbert...The color used tonight was 3865 so very white

Start 225:  Paula Vaughn August Quilt -  I had to start at the top. I couldn't stitch white on white!  I just couldn't

School starts tomorrow which will be year 20 for me!   I can't believe it!

                          

4 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Vickie! Just been doing a marathon blog catch up on all your starts over the last couple of months! OMG! You have some gorgeous projects on the go... all those pretty Mill Hill kits :o) Well done on your HAED achievements :o)

Sew Wilde said...

You are doing so well on your year of starts! You have some really fun things to stitch on.

Julie

Linda said...

More great starts Vickie. I love the quotes. Can you tell me what magazine they are in. Awesome progress on Faery Tales.

Linda

Renee said...

Congratulations on passing 200,000 stitches! Wow. (That would complete both of my current HAED projects and make a big dent in my Charting Creations project - so I can definitely share in your excitement of a huge milestone!) Your stitching projects are all lovely, and I love your hall passes. Very clever!