Monday, January 1, 2018

Year of starts 350-365 .plus a bonus start...Thoughts on a year of starts

I am writing this on New Years Day.  It has been an interesting year with all the starts.  I really enjoyed it however, I will never do this again.  I enjoyed kitting up things in my stash and starting all the projects that I wanted to do...however, I have learned that I am a product stitcher (like to finish) rather than a process stitcher.  I like having a purpose and seeing the end!!!
This year will be the year of finishes!!! I have set a goal to finish 81 projects!!! Crazy I know!!  One of those will be Faery Tales...which I finished 2 pages on this week...take a look:
Which mean I have 8 pages left!!!!!  This will be finished this year.

You are here for the starts...so lets see what I worked on the final two weeks.  These are in no particular order except for the last one ...

Start 350:  Victorian Xmas  Magazine Chart

Start 351:  Kris Mouse

Start 352: Crystal Tree

Start 353: Hinzeit Santa Claus

Start 354: Nativity

Start 355: Ice Castle

Start 356: New Snow - Glendon Place

Start 357: Sleigh Ride

Start 358: Charmed Stocking (finished and mailed)

Start 359: Wisteria Lane

Start 360: Crystal Sleigh

Start 361: Hope
 Start 362: Dove

Start 363 For Santa
Start 364: Jolly St Nick


Start 365 Part 1:  Mill Hill Village

Start 365 part 2 - I got her for Christmas and she had to be started!!!

Thank you so much for sticking with me for this year of starts...now 2018 will be the year of finishes!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New year and good luck on your goal of 81 finishes.

Susan said...

Good luck working down you WIPs in 2018. Can you please tell me the details on the Wisteria Lane project. I would love to find that pattern. Thanks. Happy New Year.

Linda said...

Congrats on the page finishes on Fairy Tales. More awesome starts. I sure am going to miss seeing all those starts this year. I love the Wisteria Lane. Can you tell me the designer. I also really like Mill Hill Village. Give me a call sometime when you feel like talking.

Linda

Katie said...

Good luck with 2018!

Faith... said...

Happy New Year Vickie!

Glad 2017 was a success for you! I hope 2018 will be just as successful ;)

Keebles said...

I definitely couldn't do it, but it was amazing to see you keep up with all those starts! Here's to watching you finish them all in 2018!

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations and great work! Have fun getting those finishes!