Monday, January 5, 2009

Mruder Between the Covers - A Dead -End Job Mystery by Elaine Viets


I started this book last night and just had to finish it tonight. My Cozy Mystery group is doing a book read on Mrs. Viets new book Murder with Reservations this month so I thought I had better read a couple of books in this series before I jump into book number five in this series.

This is the second book in the Dead End Job series. In this book, Helen, is hiding out from her lazy ex husband. She is working in a bookstore and getting paid in cash. She lives in the fabulous old apartment which happens to be infested with termites! She wakes up one night and they were swarming her apartment...EWWW!!!! That is all I can say!!! I was ready to slap her boyfriend Rich..he is a typical male. He sounds fabulous in the beginning but you won't believe what he actually tells her one morning! I was ready to slap him myself. Of course this is a mystery so there is a death and it is a weird way to die.

I would recommend this series. I was going to get it on paperback swap but I found out that my local libary has it in so I think I will stop by there tomorrow and get it after work. I still have one credit to spend...I may look at getting the third book in the Heiress Brides series by Celeste Bradley. I just love those books set back in regency England time.

No comments: