Sunday, July 17, 2011

As Seen on TV - THE EGGIE- My Review



I have been watching the infomercial for the Eggie for a while now. I LOVE hard boiled eggs but I hate to make them so I thought this would be great for me. However, I hate to pay shipping and handling so I waited until I could buy them in the stores (even though the TV commercial says they are only sold on TV). I went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I had a spend $15 get $5 off coupon. The eggie was $9.99 so I picked 4 Yankee Votive Candles and basically got those for free. I came home and washed them out like it said to and then sprayed Pam onto a paper towel and wiped them down with it as the instructions said.


I lined them up in two rows and then cracked the eggs in them. I have fresh country eggs from my dad's chickens so they were small eggs. I did find that in a couple of them the yolk were WAY to big and I kinda had to force it into the Eggie. I am not sure how they will do with large eggs....will let you know later. The instructions say I could add seasoning but I wasn't going to go crazy on my try.


I put them in warm water enough for them to float and brought them to a boil. They boiled for 15 minutes and then I set them on a cutting board to cool. They popped out of the container very easy and sit flat on the plate.



As you can see..they turned out well! I really enjoyed them. So I have to give the Eggie Two thumbs up!!! It was good. I can't wait to try them with just egg whites. I am not a yolk person.


I have to share a picture of Bert. He is napping with Brigen. Aren't they just so cute!!!!!



6 comments:

Shari said...

thanks for the review Vickie! We have been watching this commercial with interest too! May not work for us thou.....we use farm fresh eggs that are HUGE.......most are double yolks....could be considered TWO store bought eggs each!!!

Berly said...

I'm not a white person so I've been dying to try them with scrambled eggs & fixings - mini omelettes!

Unknown said...

So what was the real reason to BUY these? It takes me 15 mins to boil eggs anyway so other than the shells missing, what's the purpose of BUYING them? If you want an EZ peel egg, just add LOTS of salt to the boiling water and the eggs will peel real EZ. This helpful hint comes from a chef friend. Works ever time. So I don't see a good reason to have to buy an expensive items to cook eggs the way I have always cooked them, sounds like a waste of money to me. I also noticed that your yolk doesn't look done (yuck). JMO tho....

Rita said...

Thanks for the review. I'm always curious about those "as seen on TV" products.

I don't mind boiling eggs either. A hint I got from an aunt is to rinse your boiled eggs in cold water, drain the water off, and then shake the pan like the dickens to crack the eggs. After cooking them, the cracks make them easier to peel.

Debra said...

I think the old fashion way would be easier and less dishes.

mdgtjulie said...

Glad you enjoyed your eggs. And yes, they do look cute!