Sunday, August 22, 2010
In the month of July I was able to read 11 books. Which brings my total to 51 books. Not as many as I would have liked but I am proud of my progress. This month I read:
1. The next best Thing By Kristen Higgions Lucy is widowed and looking for a man who will make her happy. She loves to bake and works in the family bakery. She has to say goodbye to her friend with benefits in order to find a new husband but she is ok with that...however he is not!! Ethan likes their arrangement but is willing to offer more!!! Fun summer read.
2. Sucker Punched by Sammi Carter: Abby is once again trying to clear a friends name when he is accused of murder. I love this candy shop series. The only problem is I get to craving sweets when I read it since most of it takes place in her candy shop where she is cooking!!!
3. Christmas Letters by Debbie MaCrombe: Katherine has started a small business of writing peoples Christmas letters. She has a knack for making the most horrible situation sound fabulous. Her sister has twin girls who have been behaving horribly and it is due to the fact that their mom has been following this quack Doctors child rearing advice. He believes that children should set their own rules/guidelines etc....the thing is he DOESN'T have children!! Katherine finds out he lives in her building and she just can't keep her mouth shut!!!!
4. To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Holt this is one of my historical romance novels I love! Viscount Jasper Vale must marry and do so quickly! He finds a willing bride that keeps his at arms length. He just doesn't get that she has been in love with him for YEARS!!!
5. Sprinkled with Murder by Jean McKinley Melanie and Abby have given up their jobs in order to start up their own CupCake bakery shop. They haven't been opened long and they get a fantastic offer to cater a socialites wedding...however the socialite winds up dead with their cupcakes on her lips!!! Great Cozy Mystery!
6. Lady Catherine's Necklace by Joan Aiken this is a spinoff of a Pride and Prejudice novel. I didn't enjoy this book at all. It was very hard to finish.....
7. Beach Street Knitting Society by Gil McNeil the setting of this book is in London so the language is a little different. Jo's husband, Nick, is killed in a car accident and everyone is expecting her to play the grieving widow. What they don't know is that just before the accident he informed her he was leaving her for another woman. She takes her boys and moves to a seaside town where she takes over her Gran's knitting store. It is a fun read, but it was a little confusing.
8. 6 Rainer Dr by Debbie MaCrombe: Seth and Justine's Restaurant has burned down and they are trying to put the pieces of their lives back together. All the other crazy characters are back and this is an AWESOME series!!
9. Knit 2 by Kate Jacobs: This picks up 5 years later after the death of their beloved Georgia Walker the founder of Walker and Daughter knitting store. It follows the lives of 5 friends and their troubles/trials. Great book!!!
10. 74 Seaside Drive by Debbie Macrombe: Tess has finally married Bobby and this is their story. It involves, love, threats, kidnappings and the police!! I just love how each book showcases a specific family and then brings in all the other characters.
11. Don't Call Me Ishmel: Teen book...Not worth reading. I hate to say it but I had the hardest time reading this book!!!