Monday, September 12, 2011

Diva Takes the Cake


I just finished the 2nd book in the Diva series written by Krista Davis.  If you haven't read this series and you love to laugh, I suggest you start with the first one. The first one is "The Diva Runs our of Thyme". This is a decorating, cooking type of cozy mystery.  Sophie's family is just crazy!  You feel like you are part of the story!!  Sophie's sister Hannah is getting married for the 3rd time and NO ONE likes the groom!!!  This wedding has so many hiccups that you just sit there and shake your head wondering what else could go wrong???
Her ex-husband lives down the road with his new girlfriend, Natasha, who by the way is the one person Sophie has competed with her entire life. This Natasha character is one I would love to slap.  She would get on my nerves and she treats the dog that Sophie and Mars share custody. 
I do recommend this series. One of my wedding tips made it into the book!!!!  The author, Krista Davis had a contest to enter wedding tips.  I think she only picked 5.  My tip was to have a bucket of toys, coloring books etc. for each child so they aren't running around the reception driving people crazy!!!  So I won my copy and she even autographed it!!!  
I am reading the 3rd one now "The Diva Takes the Town"....halfway through it on the first day and I am loving it!!!!!

No comments: