Saturday, July 4, 2015

Vacation Day 1 - Asheville, NC and Charleston SC

This year I met up with my stitching friend Karin in Charleston, SC.  We planned this for several months and was so excited to go!!!  The morning we were to arrive  in Charleston was the day after the tragic church shooting.   The church was a few blocks from our condo and we just happened to stumble upon on it as we were walking.  This is the first picture I am showing....


My mom came with me this year so I didn't have to do the 15 hour drive by myself.  Mom and I went to the Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC.  This is a fabulous site to see!!  I wish I had more pictures however, they don't allow visitors take pictures on the inside anymore.  The reason is because some crazy people were bringing in tripods and then others were actually laying on the floor....so ...no inside pictures.   This house took my breath way and if you get the chance...go see it!!!  


Mom and I resting on the veranda.... 
                                        

Detail work is amazing...

I love all the windows....


We decided to walk through the garden...


I think the conservatory is bigger than my house!

Just a pretty flower...


Mom and I in the rose garden


Mom and I did have a heart attack moment driving from North Carolina to Charleston.  Mom was reading the details of the shooting outloud when the diesel beside us blew a tire and it sounded like a gun shot!!!  We both jumped and screamed.  I was shaking so bad...it is funny now but then we wasn't sure what happened!! 

Charleston:

We picked Karin up from the airport in Charleston.  As we were waiting we saw Geraldo Rivera walk right in front of my car.  We arrived at the condo and it was nice!  Karin did an excellent job finding us a great place to stay right in the historic district.  Everything was within walking distance.



While we went out the first night...I saw these beautiful houses. I would love to live in a house like this!!!



When we got done exploring for the night we walked back to the condo and my mom asked me where my car was...I told her it was in the lot wasn't it?  Nope...it had gotten towed.  It seems our condo had designated parking and we didn't know this.  I parked in someone's spot.  The numbered spots were very hard to see.  So $180 later, cost of towing and cab ride, I finally got my car back.   The condo company said they would reimburse the towing fee since we couldn't see the numbers clearly.  Lesson learned...read all the information on a condo rental.  DH was great.I called him crying because it was towed...he replied "It happens, so go get the car"  gotta love my hubby!  More posts to follow

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures and lol to your hubby that would have been mine too. No sympathy lol

Meari said...

Great trip! Glad you all had a good time.

Terri said...

I LOVE Charleston! Used to live in Goose Creek. So sad about the church shooting. Wonderful pictures you took!

Katie said...

Great pictures!