Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dog Bone Wisdom



Sometimes I think my dogs have a better life than I do! I just walked into my bedroom and my DH is tucked away sound asleep. Beside him with his head on my pillow is my chocolate lab Tusk and at the foot of the bed is my white lab Brigen. They are so spoiled. As soon as I saw this Stoney Creek design I knew I needed to stitch it for my dogs. Yes, you read that right...I stitched something for my DOGS! It will hang in the guest bathroom that is decorated with dog and cat prints. The picture doesn't do this justice and you can't read the poem very clearly. The poem reads:



"IF you can start the day without caffeine, If you can resist boring people with your troubles, if you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it, If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you and time, IF you can take criticism and blame without resentment, If you can face the world without lies and deceit, If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics then my firends, you are almost as good as your dog"





This was a UFO I had in my UFO box It is by Stoney Creek leaflet 113 titled "Dog Bone Wisdom"

Now about me...I watched my little kia suv being towed out of my garage this morning because it wouldn't start. We think it is either the starter or altenator. So DH and I are sharing a car. That stinks!!

I went to HL today and ordered the frame and mat for Inspirations. Hopefully, everything will come in so I can get it ready for the fair.

Off to work on another UFO....I think I am either going to work on Mirabilla Cinderella or my Down Main Street piece from JCS magazines.

2 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing your UFO's, Vickie! Isn't it a great feeling?

Bummer on the car. :(

Shari said...

as a fellow dog lover, I love this pattern!!! Great finish!!! I am sure the dogs are thrilled with it too!!!! Keep up the great work!