Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BRD FINISH!!!


I got home from my retreat very LATE Sunday night. I was exhausted...I have to tell you it is a VERY long drive from Pigeon Forge, TN to Bella Vista, AR!!! I had a BLAST!!! There is so much to tell you but I am still tired from this trip so I will be posting small updates. My friend Becki from my LNS came with me. We managed to stop at 3 LNS before we picked up Karin in Nashville. Then we stopped at 2 more!! They were just wonderful!!! I shopped way too much before the retreat started..

While at the retreat, I worked on my BRD sewing sampler. I decided the retreat was the perfect place to work on all those little squares....I thought..how could I win the frog this year, right?? Wrong!!! The sad thing is, I didn't win the frog by stitching I won the frog because I kept screwing up my beaded ornament that Debra was teaching us how to create. Well, I kept screwing mine up....so I won the frog ...this is 3 years running. I can't believe I did that...back to the stitching update. I spent my stitching time working on my BRD...well today I finished it!!! Yes I have a finish...I think I am down to 15 projects.

I also managed to buy fabrics for 9 projects!!! So, I think I am really think that I am well stocked on designs to work on for quite some time.. My friend Kim mailed me some wonderful Tiara q-snap huggers. I plan on using them with my Cinderella design from Nora Corbett. I am just loving this design...it looks so pretty. I will post an update later on!!

5 comments:

Carol's Stitching said...

Vickie,

Congratulations on a cute finish! I am working on BRD and hope to complete sometime this year. It is in rotation now that the teacher's gifts are done so keep your fingers crossed!

Meari said...

Both WIPs look great, and congrats on your finish! Glad you had a good time at the retreat.

Shari said...

beautiful finish!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Another lovely finish!

Debra said...

Yeah!!! Big congrats on your finish.