Friday, October 9, 2009

POWER!! I HAVE POWER!!!

It was raining last night and we were just going about our business. Mark was watching football and hockey, just happy as a clam. I was in the bedroom watching some saved shows while I waited for Greys, and Private practice to come on TV. I LOVE Thursday night TV....when BAM...the lights go out!!!! We lost power at 7:30 pm!! I stumbled in the dark, found some candles and we wound up playing 3 rounds of Cribbage. I won!!! We always play best 2 out of 3. It took me a while to remember the rules...but we did enjoy it. I finally got bored at 9:00 and deicded to read by flashlight in bed. I wound up falling asleep. The power finally kicked back on sometime later and the house was FLOODED in lights. Mark was still up so he took care of all the lights for me. It is now 4:00 AM and I am wide awke. I guess I got my 6 hours and that was enough.
I didn't get one ounce of stitching completed last night so I guess I will work on that this morning. It is still raining which stinks! This is the day to stay home with hot chocolate and a good book.

2 comments:

Carol's Stitching said...

It always seems that the power goes out when you are looking forward to doing sometime doesn't it? Looking forward to seeing your stitching updates when you post them. I always love seeing what everyone is working on.

becki said...

Did you guys have any damage? We didn't-we didn't even lose power. Got 5" of rain-how about you? I finished my sampler last night and took it to the framer today. GO H-O-G-S!! Becki