Monday, October 5, 2009

Overdue Update

I haven't posted in a while. I don't know what is going on with me. I want to post what is going on in my world but I don't remember to post until I have already shut down my system!!! I just cannot get it together for some strange reason. Enough whining from me. I do have an update on my book challenges:

Everything Austen Challenge:
1) Read Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - on my night stand
2) Stitch "The Daughters of Longbourn" by the Stitching Parlor - finished page 1 of 4
3) Re-Read Pride and Prejudice Completed!!!!
4) Watch the movie Lost in Austen - COMPLETED!!!!!
5) Read: Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange - COMPLETED!!!!
6) Read: Northanger Abbey - on my bookshelf

10 book Challenge:
1) NorthAnger Abbey by Jane Austen
2) Mr. Darcy's Diaries by Amanda Grange- COMPLETED!!!
3) Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict
4) Peppermint twisted by Sammi Carter - COMPLETED!!!!
5) Just take my Heart by Mary Higgins Clark
6) Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer
7) What would Jane Austen do? by Laurie Brown- COMPLETED!!!
8) Unsolicited by Julie Kaewert
9) Duchess by Night by Eloisa James
10) Murder at Astor Place by Victoira Thompson

I am doing pretty good on my challenges. I have been working on my Jane Austen piece. I am just working on the border right now. It is simple to do!!
My main stitching challenge right now is my 2009 Ozark Sampler SAL. I told Mary I would finish it by the end of the month...she didn't believe me!!! So I am trying to finish it up. It would go a lot quicker if It didn't have this intricate border that is driving me crazy!!!!
I know that you have seen the new Disney tickers. We are taking another trip to Disney this summer. It is my mom, sister, brother, niece, nephew and myself. We are staying at the Wilderness lodge again!! We LOVE this hotel!! Plus...it is nice to have this countdown because it lets me know how many days until I am on Summer break again. Isn't that terrible of me?

5 comments:

Carol's Stitching said...

You have been busy on your challenges! :) I have read one of my books and right now reading 2 that weren't on my list. I'm hoping the family can get to Disney this upcoming year, maybe towards Fall. Enjoy your stitching!!!

Deb said...

You're a brave person putting a ticker on telling you when summer vacation is. I don't even like to think about it this early in the school year. You have done well with your challenges - I'm only on book four, but hope to make it!

Teresa said...

WOW- I knew as soon as I found this blog that I liked you. NOW I find that we share a Disney World passion as well!

We also love Wilderness Lodge- to me it has the most beautiful lobby and setting of any WDW hotel.

We're not going until later in the summer this year- probably mid-August.

I'm doing pretty well on my book challenge also!

CJ said...

Oh girl, you are sooo busy. My book challenge is goin well also jsut need to update my blog. My stitching on the other hand is way behnd, need to pick up my needle and get with it.

See ya!!

Cj

Heather said...

I love the Everything Austen Challenge. It sounds like something I would like to do.

Have you read Jane Austen Ruined My Life? It was pretty good.

And thank you for mentioning Mr. Darcy's Diary. I just read it as book 7 in the 10 Book Reading Challenge. It was fabulous. I've reserved another of Amanda Grange's books: Mr. Knightley's Dairy. I hope it is as good.