Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Finish of 2011

I finished one of my Mill Hill Village Kits. The first one I stitched was Victorian House. I have to tell you that the picture does not do this design justice. The beading is really spectacular on the opalescent fabric.
I opened the 3 packages from my 12 days of Christmas exchange. Vicky dyed me some beautiful purple fabric. In the Christmas tin she sent 2 small packs of mill hill beads, 1 tube of seed beads, 2 packs of needles, and a skein of red thread. My final package was several skeins of my favorite colors of DMC! I loved all my packages and I have to say I am kinda sad I don't have a present a day to open anymore.
Mark and I are looking at a purchasing a new car. I am opening for a little sports car but I have a feeling Mark is going to make me be practical. We test drove a 2008 BMW series 3 car on Friday. We LOVED the car and we probably would have purchased it right then and there but it wasn't BMW certified. It seems it was a consignment car where the owners are having BMW sell it for them so it is sold as it with a limited warranty. Mark didn't like that. We we also went and checked out a sleep number bed. I really want one and am trying to convince Mark we need one. However, the price really freaked him out especially since we are looking at a new car.
The weatherman is predicting snow for this week. I would love to see snow and get one snow day...maybe Wednesday morning since I have morning detention every Wednesday...would be nice not to go to detention

4 comments:

Betty said...

Your Mill Hill House is stunning! Good luck finding a new-to-you car. I hope you can find a practical but sporty model that you both love. As for the sleep number bed, I haven't been tempted by them since we got "custody" of my son's memory foam bed set. I totally love this, and will look for the same thing if/when we decide this one needs replacing.

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Oh my goodness - that is just gorgeous! You know how I love Mill Hill - might have to look at working this series!

Terri said...

Great finish Vickie.

Meari said...

Congrats on your first finish, Vickie. It looks great.