Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Crafty Killing



I just finished reading a new cozy mystery titled
A Crafty Killing by Lorraine Bartlett. In case you are wondering what in the world is a cozy mystery??? A Cozy is a mystery which includes a bloodless crime and contains very little violence, sex, or coarse language. By the end of the story, the criminal is punished and order is restored to the community.The character solving the crime is often an amateur sleuth who becomes involved because of personal reasons but it is also possible for the character to be a professional: police officer, medical examiner, or private detective.
Kate Bonner is a widow who is still mourning the loss of her husband. When one morning she stops Artisans Alley she finds her late husband, and now her current business partner dead on the floor. She now has to decide if she is going to quit her deadbeat job and take over the job as the day to day manager of Artisans Alley. She still has to come to terms with her husbands death and as she digs deeper into her Business Partners death, she then starts to think there was something really wonky about her husbands death also.
I have to say that I NEVER figured out the killer!!! I was SHOCKED when the killer came forward at the end and explained why they killed the Business partner. I never saw it coming!! This book also has recipes at the back. These were the recipes mentioned in the book and they sound really good!!! I cannot wait for the next book in this series!!!

2 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

I just love it when an author fools me like that. I like books with a twist. I'll have to check the library!

CJ said...

I always enjoy your book recmmendations. I have this posted on my PBS Wishlist.

Enjoy your summer.

CJ