Getting lost in a novel is one of my favorite things to do and the proof is all over my house. I have a different book for each room of the house! I have a murder mystery by my bed right now. A true story by my chair, a magazine in the kitchen, not to mention a book of Sudoku puzzles in the bathroom!!! My car has my I-pod which is loaded with audio books and a some true crime podcasts. I have set a goal of 101 books this year. This is one more than I read last year....
My favorite genres are:
1) Trashy Bodice Ripping Novels set back in Regency England time where I can marry a duke, go to a ball, get to wear fabulous dresses and have servants to draw my bath, bring me hot chocolate in bed plus cook all my food!!!
2) Cozy Mysteries - simple murders where someone finds a body (no gore anywhere) and then tries to solve the crime. All the while, working in a cool shop with lots of time on their hands to leave their job to be an amateur sleuth! The ones I read usually have recipes, craft patterns or party suggestions at the end.
3) Physiological Thrillers - These are fabulous!! You have plot twists, crazy people, gory crime scene descriptions....I can never figure out the killers!!!
4) Young Adult books - I won't lie...I love reading YA books! They are fast reads and I can talk about them with my students.
5) Memoirs, true stories about people ..most of the ones I read involve food Not sure why since I can't cook but I like to read about people who do.
Do you have a reading goal this year?? Do you have a favorite genre??
I have recently discovered podcasts and I LOVE THEM!!!!! What turned me onto podcast was the true crime series called Serial.
This sucked me in and I still can't decide if he is innocent or guilty! If you haven't listened to it and you like true crime drama....Click here Serial Scroll down to SEASON 1 ....Listen to it then let me know your opinions!!!! I am on the fence about it. My brother and co-workers have had many discussion over this trial!!!
Right now I am currently reading:
1) Sweet Tea Revenge by Laura Childs - Cozy Mystery set in Charleston SC
2) My Berlin Kitchen - Luisa Weiss - true story about a chef
My friend Carol has suggested I try out this reading list this year!! Looks like fun...so I am going to give it a go!