Sunday, March 21, 2010

Winchester House is Finished!!!!!

I put the final stitches in at 3:10 am Sunday Morning!!! I was so close to finishing last night that I just couldn't put it down. I spent the evening stitching while watching Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. This is was the one that was on Masterpiece Theater. After that, I turned on my Discovery Dateline ID channel and spent the rest of the night watching "I (almost) got a away with it" and "Dateline: 48 hours mystery". For some strange reason I can watch these shows all night. BTW...if you click the title of this post...it will take you to the Winchester House Website so you can read more about it....if you are interested.

Today....I am either going to read all day long curled up in my warm wedding quilt or I will pull out one of my stitching projects. I have so many started that I don't know what to do with myself.
My Ozark Sampler group is starting a new RR in May. I have decided to do an afghan for my project. Not just any ol' afghan either. It is going to be a disney afghan!!! Most of you know that I have bought almost all the Disney Ornaments so I am going to put at least 26 of them on one afghan. I bought a cream colored Charles Craft afghan with a large stitchable center. I dyed this afghan a pale blue color. Once I get all the ornaments on the side....I am going to stitch Sorcerer Mickey right in the middle. This is going to be so pretty!!!!
As you can see....it is still snowing...in MARCH!!!

17 comments:

becki said...

You DID IT!! Congrats!! Now, if you would only change your blog profile to include Gibbs!!

Vicky L said...

Congratulations on the finish!
I cant believe you are still getting snow. I cant wait to see the afghan. It is going be so awesome!

socialsue said...

Wow! That is a beautiful Winchester House! Congratulations!
I will be looking forward to see ur Disney afghan.

socialsue

Lyn said...

Congrats on the finish, it looks wonderful! The afghan sounds like it will be very pretty. Spring is trying to come, I know its here officially, but we went from nice to cold in one day and they are saying snow next week, yuck! April starts in a little more than that!

Blu said...

Congrats! Winchester House is lovely!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Congratulations!! That afghan will be amazing :)

Kim said...

OMG! You didnt! WAY TO GO!! Congrats on the finish!!!!!!

Janaina said...

Ohhh, u have all reasons to be happy dancing, dear! Bouncing all around the house! The finishing is awesome! Congrats! =)
No doubts the afgan is gonna turn out great too!
Big hug from sunny Brazil!

Carol's Stitching said...

OMG keep the white stuff down there! :) LOL I love the Winchester House; it looks amazing. Good job and looking forward to seeing what your next project looks like.

Debra said...

I can't believe you have it done already. Great work! The afghan will be so pretty. Look at all the snow you have, believe it or not things are turning green here. We didn't get the snow they said we would over the weekend.

Tammy said...

Winchester looks awesome. I have loved watching it come together and have added it to my to-stitch list.

Joke said...

Ohhh, how beautiful! We all dance together for your finished piece! Congrats :)

Shari said...

wow! wonderful finish!! And....you can keep the snow in the south! We don't have it, didn't get it, don't want it!

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing WH! I looks great.

Ugh. Snow. Glad ours is all melted here.

Jo said...

All I can say on Winchester House is Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous :-) Please feel free to donate this to myself ;-)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations on such a great finish!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is an absolutely great finish. And watching a Jane Austen movie while finishing it just adds to it. Congratulations!