Monday, July 19, 2010

Historical Couple #8 Completed!!


Couple #8 from the Impressionism period is now complete. I loved the cut, style and color of her dress. I only have 4 more couples to go and then I can say this project is complete!!! I am excited...now I get to work on a small project. I think I may go pull out another Mill Hill Kit for my Christmas Village. I spent my swagbuck GC this week. I earned a $10 GC by seaching for topics on the internet. I was able to buy 3 new cozy mysteries!! They should be delivered by this weekend! I bought a new Maggie Sefton knitting mystery, Laura Childs Scrapbooking mystery and an Elaine Viets Dead End Job mysteries!

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

Congratulations. A wonderful finish.

Heather said...

Beautiful stitching! It looks fabulous.

My LNS has an unfinished version of this framed and hanging downstairs (I assume there is a story behind it). It is quite an undertaking. Way to go!

Meari said...

I love her dress too! Congrats on the finish. More books? Did you read all those you bought at the retreat?

Vicky L said...

I love it! It is so beautiful. Great job!

Debra said...

Yeah Congrats! it looks great.

Sunshine said...

Congrats on your finish. They look great! I look foward to seeing the next couple.

Blu said...

They look great! I can't believe some of the clothing worn back in the day. I'd just overheat and pass out!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Wow, you're really moving along with these :)

Wayne said...

This is a very interesting WIP. It looks like it will be a blanket. I am Shari B's brother. Like the old style picture.

Susan said...

I love watching your progress on this piece!

I'm a fan of Elaine Viets and Laura Childs, too (all of Laura's series are great). I've gave up on Maggie Sefton after her third or fourth book. The characters just didn't seem to be developing. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about your books.

Terri said...

Great finish cannot wait to see more :)