Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Striptease anyone?



I started a new hobby and I came home with all my fingers!! LOL!! I have driven by this quilting shop in our little town everyday for over 2 years. I did go in this summer when the ILCS group was in town...but didn't buy anything. I finally got up my courage and scheduled a beginners quilting class. I went in afterschool and met with the owner (I am bad but I can't remember her name). She told me to go pick 4 fabrics and we would get started on my Striptease quilt. After looking around for over 30 minutes we finally found the fabrics I liked for my quilt. I decided I wanted a twin size quilt...I can cover up with it or Tusk can lay on it. Yes, I am making a quilt for my puppy...I am terrible.


She gave me a rotary cutting lesson which if you remember is how I sliced open my finger this time last year. I managed to cut thirty-three 2.5 inch strips and then elevan 6.5 in. strips after I had to iron all my fabrics. After that, I was tired and stressed because I just knew I was going to slice open my finger!!


My plan this weekend is to sew up the strips and head back next Thursday night for my 2nd class!!!

2 comments:

Shari said...

have fun Vickie!!! I have always thought that would be fun, but I need another hobby like another hole in my head!! Can't wait to see progress

Debra said...

Vickie, looking forward to seeing your progess on the quilt. I have been making a lot of quilts myself. There is nothing wrong with making your dog a quilt. I have been thinking about making one for cooper.
Debra in Indiana