Sunday, March 11, 2012

February Books Read- Little late


I know this is a little late but I wanted to share the books I read in February.  My goal was 10 books but I was only able to finish 7.  I LOVE to  read series and I have started 2 new series this month!!!


Young Adult Novels
Flawless by Sara Shepard. This is Book 2 in the Pretty Little Liars series.  Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna have been very bad girls.  Spencer got back at her sister by stealing her boyfriend. Hanna is still trying to stay the perfect young lady, Aria is devastated by the loss of the guy she can never have, and Emily is starting to fall in love with her best friend Maya.  Ali's body has been found on Maya's property and somehow Ali is sending threatening texts to the girls from the grave!!!
Perfect by Sara Shepard - Book 3 of the Pretty Little Liars series.  Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna are still receiving texts from Ali, even though she has been dead since 7th grade.   Straight A Spencer has won the Golden Orchard award with her essay. However, what everyone doesn't know is that this essay was stolen from her sister!!  Aria is still playing with fire with her English teacher.  They are both attracted to each other however, there is NO WAY they can act on their feelings.   Emily is reeling from her kiss with her girlfriend.  She has decided to quit the swim team which is not making her family happy!  Hanna is fighting with her friend Mona and her dad's new family is reeking havic in her life.


Unbelievable by Sara Shepard - Book 4 of the Pretty Little Liar series.  The girls at Rosewood High are spinning in circles with the chaos surrounding their lives.  Poor Spencer thinks she murdered Ali. She has a blank space in her memory. Emily's family has shipped her off to her Aunts and Uncles house in Iowa due the fact she prefers girls to guys. Aria is going nuts because her boyfriend is in jail and there is nothing she can do about.  Poor Hanna is in the hospital fighting to stay alive after been run over in the park.

Magicians Muse by Linda Joy Singleton - Book 6 in The Seer Series.   Sabrines life is going great!!  Her grandmother is better, her boyfriend is wonderful and her friends are great!!!  Then she gets a call from her ex-boyfriends mom asking if she has seen Josh.  It seems Josh has been missing for a couple of weeks and they haven't heard from him.  Sabines new half-sister Jade is involved with her mortal enemy.  This books brings a dramatic close to the ending of the series.  I am sorry to say I will miss being in these characters lives.....

Cozy Mysteries:

City of Masks by Daniel Hecht- Cree Black series book 1. Cree Black is a paranormal investigator who specializes in removing the spirits.  She goes to New Orleans to help socialite Lila Beauforte.  Lila believes her family home is so haunted that she cannot even go in the front door.  She is on the verge of having a nervous breakdown.
This book is AWESOME!!!!  I wasn't sure about the ghost part but I was hooked!!!  I love how they brought in some southern customs, beliefs and voodoo!!!  This one kept me on my toes and I was a little shocked at the ending!!

There is nothing like falling off a ladder and walking up with the ability to see and talk to ghosts.  Not only that, to find out there are ghosts living in your house and they want you to find out who killed them!!!!  

Alison Kirby has been trying renovating the new guest house she bought on the Jersey Shore, Maxie and Paul, the resident ghosts have her running around town trying to solve their murder.  Her daughter, Melissa, thinks it's great the house is haunted and has been telling all her friends.    
I loved this book so much that I put it away in a safe place and now I can't find it!  I was telling a friend about it and promised she could borrow it.  I have no idea where I put it!!  Time to tear the house up and find it!!

Historical Fiction

Marcus has promised his friend, Daniel, that he will watch out for his little sister while Daniel is on the run for his life!  Honoria is Daniels 21 year old sister who is on the shelf and is determined that she will get married this season, come hell or high water!  She has even come up with a groom and a plan to get the groom.  Marcus, however, is not happy with this plan is trying to nix it.  Honoria gets a message that Marcus is extremely ill and rushes from London to be with him.  Her mom comes with her to Marcus's house to that there will be no scandal......Lots of adventure and romance in this book.
I love Julia Quinn....her romance books are always great!!

2 comments:

Marexstitch said...

I will have to keep an eye out for a few of these.

Berly said...

I just received a Liebster Blog award, and now I have chosen to give an award to you and your blog also! You can read all about the award on my blog here:

I just received a Liebster Blog award, and now I have chosen to give an award to you and your blog also! You can read all about the award on my blog here:

http://www.krmattox.blogspot.com/