Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stitching and Life's adventures




It never fails that in the month of March I ALWAYS get sick!!!  This week was the End of Course Literacy test for the 11th graders.  I had to proctor the test which means I get to stand in a room from 8:55 Am until 1: 15 pm. I can't read, no computer, I just get to walk around the room and make sure everyone stays on task.  We do get to take breaks but it is a VERY VERY boring!!!!  You have to follow all guidelines or you can lose your teaching certificate.  During the test on Wednesday, I developed a fever.  So there I was giving a test, running a fever and feeling like doggie doo.  I decided to take 2 sick days on Thursday and Friday to get better.  I stayed home, slept, ate, read and stitched.  I am feeling wonderful!!!  Going to go in my class tomorrow to grade! Lucky me!!!



While out sick, I pulled out my Victorian Village. I started and finished on Saturday night the Apothecary shop.  I love the shop but I realized something, I HATE stitching bricks!!!!  That was the hardest thing in the world.  My next shop is the Ice Cream Parlor!  YUM



I LOVED this show!!! I NEVER missed an episode.  My friends and I would get together and watch it every week!!!  When the 2 hour movie came out (2008) I asked Mark if he would get me the movie for Christmas.  Instead, knowing how much I LOVED the series, bought me the box set.   I watched season 1 over Christmas  break.  My sister asked if she could borrow it and I said ok...she kept it 6 months.  I finally got it back in June, just in time for summer break.  We had a cookout on July 4th, 2009 and my friend asked if she could borrow and watch them.  I said sure, no problem.  She brought them back on Friday of this week.  Yep,,...she had them from 2009 - 2012.  I had email and ask her for them.  Mark told me that was kinda rude of me to email her and ask for them back.  There has been some history and we haven't hung out with them for over a year and half....so was I wrong to ask for my DVD's back when I haven't even watched them myself????  I really DO NOT mind loaning my dvd's or books...but I think that people should give them back in a timely manner.

17 comments:

Linda said...

I think you were absolutely correct in asking for your DVD's back. I would do the same. I love the Victorian Village. Are you stitching in on an afghan or just on fabric?

Linda

Cath said...

Good for you on getting your DVDs back, I would have done it before now to be honest . I'm pretty much the same with lending things and helping people out , but being used is starting to put me off to be honest.
Love the little shop .
Glad you're feeling better after a break .
Take care

Cindy said...

I love the Victorian Village. The ice cream shop should be a fun stitch.
I would also have asked for the DVD's back sooner. It is just rude to borrow something & then not return it in a timely manner.

Cindy in MA

Berly said...

Absolutely you should have asked for the DVDs back! Now, can I borrow them? :) Victorian Village is looking good. Congrats on finishing another page!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Jennifer M. said...

Your friend had those DVD's for that long?! I would have asked for them back too! I think borrowing something longer than a month is rude. That is why I don't like lending people anything unless I have absolute trust in them to bring them back in quick manner. I love the Victorian Village. :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Very nice Victorian Village! I think you did the right thing in asking for your DVD set back. I've lost books & movies by loaning them out. Now I'm careful who I loan to & if I don't get them back in a months time, I ask for them. I'm not being rude, I think a month is long enough to have read the book or watched the movie.

CalamityJr said...

You weren't the one who was wrong! There's simply no excuse for keeping something for so long. Your village is looking great!

Unknown said...

Lovely stitching. You were in no way wrong for asking them back, she should not have put you in the position of having to ask for them back, I could understand having them for 3 months as there is a lot to view but 3 years that is just so rude.

blue star stitcher said...

It must feel so nice to finish each little shop in Victorian Village. And yes, I would say you were right to ask for the DVD set back after 2 years! It was rude of her to keep them that long.

Ewa said...

Guys just don't get it sometimes. Glad you got your DVDs back and you weren't wrong in asking for them.

Good to hear you're feeling better!

Rachel said...

Not wrong at all, it is called borrowing, not taking possession of :-)I have to ask what pattern are your Victorians from? I think I need it They are awesome! :-)

Meari said...

I agree that people should give back borrowed stuff in a timely matter. I don't loan my stuff to my sister or niece anymore because I never get the stuff back. Btw, can I borrow your box set? ;-)

Glad you're feeling better. And at least you were able to get some stitching done. The apothecary shop looks cute.

Anonymous said...

Victorian Village is looking great!!!! I agree with you that when you borrow something you should give it back in a timely matter. If you don't give back then you should expect a call or email asking for it back. There is nothing wrong in being reminded that you need to return something you borrowed. I think sometimes the person may have forgotten who they borrowed from & are waiting for the person to let them know it needs to be returned. Just my opinion.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Joke said...

This Victorian Village is lovely!

Shaunterria said...

Your Victorian Village is beautiful, and what I great idea! I have an evenweave afghan that I cannot find a project for...maybe several small projects instead :)

mdgtjulie said...

I think I would have asked for them back too, Vickie. Glad you got them back!! Your apothecary looks lovely. I love the effect of the bricks! Grats on the part finish. It's looking great!!