Monday, March 5, 2012

Thread Boxes!

Stash shopping!!!



I did not feel like stitching this week!  Have you ever felt that way?  I was so tired each night because I worked late 4 nights and I just wanted to sit.   Today, I went to Jo-Ann's because they had Coupon Mania going on this week!  Mark had a $25 visa GC he got for his birthday that was just sitting there begging to be spent.  So I spent it!  He know BTW...I did tell him.  
After all my coupons and Marks GC, I spent a total of $7.00 on 10 floss boxes!!!  I was pretty proud of myself!


Just because I didn't feel like stitching, I did do some stitching things.  As you can see, I would floss onto bobbins!  This is DMC 470 to DMC 563.  I am proud of that.

I was able to do this because I blocked my facebook game!!  I don't miss it!  I actually feel like a weight has been lifted off me!  I am no longer focused on having to complete a quest!!!



I was in Barnes and Noble on Saturday.  I found this book about having a Flat Belly.  Since I don't have a flat belly, I thought this book was calling my name!  I found that I lost weight when I did keep my food journal, so I bought this really pretty journal to write my food down.
Another thing, I planned my menu for the next 2 weeks.  This list is on the fridge, all the groceries are bought, and I don't have to go to the store this week!!!!  YEA me!!!!  



6 comments:

Berly said...

I know how you feel. I couldn't put more than a few stitches in anything last week I was so tired every night. The food journal is a great idea! I just need to keep some things stocked up in the freezer that we can just pop in the oven/microwave/whatever when I'm too tired to cook instead of hitting the slide thru!

Anonymous said...

Great stash buying. I know how you feel about sometimes being to tired to even want to stitch. Been there, done that. Will probably do it again. Great idea with the planning menus. I try to do that. You actually spend less money doing it & less time at the store too. Great idea about keeping a food journal. Never did that. Will have to try it.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Rachel S-H said...

Good job on getting the floss arranged. And good deal on the boxes!

Laura said...

I bought some of those today at Joann's. I am so glad I went by as they were on sale. I can't wait to finish filling them up.

Shelleen said...

I have the jammer boxes, which are 2 sided and love them. I blocked all games on Facebook because I would spend more time being mad that no one was gifting me what I needed but I would gift them. Plus spent to much time on them. I love Sims3(PC Game) so when I have a stitching slump then I play this instead.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

awesome stitchy boxes :D i like to see all the floss wound it's exciting.