Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yiotas Cross stitch Patterns and Kits Review

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Yiotas Cross-Stitch Patterns and Kits to see if I would like to review one of their items.  Of course I said I would LOVE to review one of their products. I had seen her name appear of other bloggers sites about her products and the rave reviews she had been getting.  My friend, Shari, over at Shari's Sharings reviewed a beautiful kit called Winter Sunset Cottage.  

Yiota offered to let me order a kit or pattern my choice. If I chose a kit, then I would get to chose between aida or evenweave fabric.  The pattern would be printed on regular chart size or 11 x 17 size which means less pages.  Well...since I love Victorian style pattern I fell in LOVE with four different designs:
A Gathering

Reading by the Lamplight

The Letter
Gossip
It was like being a kid in a candy store.  So many choices.  So I let Yiota pick for me and she chose my top pick...A Gathering (top photo).  The designs I LOVED only came in pattern format. Which is fine with me....I got my pattern in the mail yesterday and this is how it came:

Sturdy envelope with cardboard in the back so it wouldn't bend

The pattern came wrapped in a plastic covering.  The front of the design has a beautiful picture, the stitch count (a whopping 331 x 212), the size once finished along with her email, website and telephone number. Which is nice because it shows she wants us to contact her if there is a problem.
A gathering
I chose the larger paper for this project.  It came on very sturdy paper. The symbols are very easy to read.
pattern
The symbols page is very easy to read and lists the number of DMC and the color beside it.  It also include the layout instructions, number of threads and how many skeins of each color needed to finish the design. 

Symbols Page

I am VERY please with this company. Her cross stitch patterns  are easy to follow which is great for a BAP!!!  I will be ordering from them again. They have wonderful intricate designs and I can't wait to see how this stitches up!!!!


7 comments:

Berly said...

Wow! I'm impressed! How many pages is this one?

Linda said...

Wow. I love the chart you picked. Sounds like she gives great service. I am going to go look at her site now.

Linda

bengalcatlover10@yahoo.com

Shari said...

very nice review Vickie!!! You did a great job!!! Now, time to stitch!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! How exciting. Looking forward to watching this get stitched up.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just blog hopping and found your blog.

That's a lovely design that you have. Thanks for the review and link.
Happy stitching.

SoCal Debbie said...

That's a beautiful picture! I also reviewed one of Yiota's kits last year. I love the large size paper. It is so nice that the pattern shows the number of skeins needed.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely thing to get in the mail :D